Monday, November 23, 2015

A Noble Masquerade - Kristi Ann Hunter

Kristi Ann Hunter's "A Noble Masquerade" is the first in her Hawthorn House series.  The plot is similar to the movie You've Got Mail, but is instead set in the Golden Age.  I kept waiting for the main character to say "I wanted it to be you.  I wanted it to be you so badly."
Don't misunderstand me; this is not a copycat plot.  The plot was brilliantly well-crafted and enjoyable.  As a reader, I got plenty of time with the two main characters, which is a must in order for me to love a book.  Thank you, Kristi Ann!  Nicely done.
Secondly, and perhaps most importantly (given that this is a romance novel) the magnetic pull between the two main characters is almost tangible.  Their attraction starts at the beginning of the book and doesn't stop.  The author pulled this off seamlessly and tastefully in a way that other authors could only dream of.
I promptly visited my Amazon Prime account as I always do when I read and fall in love with a new author.  Alas, it is not yet time to pre-order the next novel in this series.  I will stay tuned, though, as I hope you will be doing.
This book was a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an objective review.

2 comments: