Thursday, February 6, 2014

Rebellious Heart - Jody Hedlund

This is easily one of the best fiction novels I have read in a long time.  The story is set in early colonial America prior to the war with the British.  The key characters are representative of some of the historical figures we have grown to love over the years.  I won't tell you who, though!  It had me guessing the entire way through.  I did find out later, as you will.
This book really brought to life the injustices the colonials were dealing with as a result of being oppressed by the British.  I had no idea the situation was so dreary, but it is no wonder America moved to war for independence.
Jody Hedlund did an enormous amount of research when writing this novel.  You will be able to see the historical accuracy come out in the details.  Even the names are historically accurate for that time period.
The author did a very good job incorporating a healthy dose of romance into the book.  I found it very enjoyable and the connection between the two main characters was nearly tangible.
I'm on my way now to see if there are any more Jody Hedlund books soon to be released.  If I'm lucky, there will already be one ready for reading!
This book was a complimentary copy in exchange for an objective review.

No comments:

Post a Comment