Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Most Peculiar Circumstance - Jen Turano


So far, I have had the privilege of reading both the first and second books in the "Ladies of Distinction" series.  The first, A Change of Fortune, was a spectacular hit and I couldn't wait to get my hands on A Most Peculiar Circumstance.  
One thing I like very much about Jen Turano's writing is that she keeps the characters from the previous books in her series involved as the series grows, so the characters you know and love from the first book reappear in the second book.  
Another thing that keeps me reading her books is that the plots are wild and crazy.  There are no limits to the creativity of her imagination.  I always feel like I am on a rollercoaster ride.  
This particular book started with the main character in jail and a handsome rescuer saving the day.  The romance and mystery wound up in the book kept me tuned in the entire time.  Even with my crazy, packed-out schedule I found time to squeeze this book in.  If you like golden era romance/mysteries, you'll love A Most Peculiar Circumstance!
This book was a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an objective review.

No comments:

Post a Comment