Sunday, March 24, 2013

Shattered - Dani Pettrey

Shattered is the second book in the Alaskan Courage series by Dani Pettrey.  I didn't have the pleasure of reading the first one, but I was very impressed with this novel. 
As a reader of women's Christian fiction I don't often see contemporary fiction available.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, since I love historical fiction.  That said, this was such a refreshing change from the norm.  The author put together not only a unique setting but a killer plot.  It was fast-paced right from the first chapter with a CSI kind of feel. 
When Piper's brother is arrested and charged with the murder of his girlfriend Piper believes him when he says he's innocent.  The cop that is helping put him away takes a leave from work to research the case more thoroughly.  The more he finds out about the victim the more the murder seems like a mob job.  But is it?  For the sake of not spoiling the plot, I won't tell you. 
The book is extremely fast paced and there is a lot of data to keep straight.  It makes for one of the most exciting books I've read in the last twelve months.  Next time I want a thriller, I'll be looking up Dani Pettrey.  Thank you for a fantastic novel!
This book was a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an objective review.

No comments:

Post a Comment