Saturday, March 9, 2013

Moonlight Masquerade - Ruth Axtell

I love Regency romance novels in the Christian women's fiction genre, and this one is perfect.  The author, Ruth Axtell, mixes exactly the right blend of mystery and romance in her new novel Moonlight Masquerade.  Axtell is an experienced writer with several books out, but this is actually my first chance to read one of her novels.  I loved it!
There are so many plots that begin with a maid who falls in love with the master of the house, but this was my first time ever seeing it backwards.  That is, the butler (who is really a government spy) falls in love with the mistress of the mansion he is sent to investigate.  And his primary suspect is the lady herself!
This will go down as one of the most creative spins on Regency romance novels I've seen yet.  It was refreshing to read something so different and well-written.
I lost hours of sleep reading through it, so keep in mind this would be a good one to buy and keep ready for a long weekend.  Enjoy!
This book was a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an objective review.

No comments:

Post a Comment