Thursday, March 21, 2013

Love in the Balance - Regina Jennings

As far as I could tell, Love in the Balance is a stand-alone novel... technically.  However, you'll enjoy it more if you read Sixty Acres and a Bride first.  I did have the pleasure of reading the books in this order, and I recognized several characters.  After realizing these two books were related the plot really started coming alive.
Molly's parents have high hopes she will marry a rich investor willing to save their mill.  Bailey doesn't have much to his name, but he loves Molly.  At the same time, a wealthy tycoon whirls into town and tries to sweep Molly off her feet.
Since in most romance novels the underdog wins, my expectations were that this would be a basic love triangle with Bailey handily coming out the winner.  However, Regina Jennings is more sober-minded, and this novel is not a lightweight romance.  I really felt like I was reading at least a two part novel.
My interest stayed focused on the book the entire time.  It was a thicker book, so I think you'll feel like you got your money's worth.  I do recommend it (along with Sixty Acres).  It's worth buying and putting on your "keeper shelf."
This book was a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an objective review.

No comments:

Post a Comment