Sunday, February 24, 2013

Waiting for Spring - Amanda Cabot

I had already read Amanda Cabot's Book 1 in the Westward Winds series, and Waiting for Spring was just as much of a treat.  The author wove a creative plot together with a minimum of three different storylines.
Barrett Landry is running for office and needs to find a wife to help establish his political career.  His advisers suggest Miriam, and Barrett agrees she would be an excellent choice.  Since Miriam's family is politically aware, they are in full support of the match.  However, when Barrett finds himself drawn to Charlotte, this attraction threatens to derail his plans.
Meanwhile, Charlotte is hiding a secret identity, and she can't trust anyone with the truth.  A notorious villain is seeking her death, and she quickly finds out he is living right there in the same town.
The author, Amanda Cabot, does a fantastic job weaving romance and mystery together.  This novel held me spellbound from front to back.  I was so thankful I had chosen it for a long trip, so I had the time to dive in and read it front to back.  My only regret is that Book 3 hasn't been released yet!  I can't wait to see who the main character will be and what the author has in mind.
This book was a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an objective review.

1 comment:

  1. Renae -- Needless to say, I'm delighted that you enjoyed Waiting for Spring. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review it.

    ReplyDelete