Monday, February 4, 2013

5 Days to a Clutter-Free House - Felton/Sims

5 Days to a Clutter-Free House: Quick, Easy Ways to Clear Up Your Space presents a practical approach to home organization.  The authors break down the "how" of the process into reasonable steps and encourage teamwork.  They have managed to present it in a way that is not intimidating.
With the recent popularity of the television show "Hoarders" many of us have felt the pressure to organize our homes more effectively.
I loved the book and found it very helpful.  The approach was agreeable, and I do plan to use it -- especially in my master closet!  However, I do have one suggestion.  Because those of us with clutter issues can tend to be more creative and artsy than logistical, it takes a lot of patience to focus on non-fiction books.  My suggestion is to pare down the hype at the beginning of the book and get straight to the good stuff.  Learning is motivating.  Also, we learn best from pictures, so if more graphs, charts, or drawings can be incorporated that would help maintain interest.
Overall, this book was helpful, practical, and it had a positive impact on my home life.  Thank you, Revell!  I needed this!
This book was a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an objective review.

No comments:

Post a Comment