Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay trilogy - Suzanne Collins

After reading the hottest series in America right now, I can vouch that it is completely and utterly riveting.  I lost an entire week of productivity as my world slowed to a stop so I could finish this group of books.  You should probably get all three at the same time so you don't experience any lag time between books.
In this series, Katniss, Peeta, and Gale star as the main characters, but there are countless others.  I think the most noticeable difference between the first book and the movie is that only a fraction of the characters are introduced in the movie.  They simply don't have enough time to fully develop every character the way that Suzanne Collins does.  Also, the big political picture movements are not reflected in the movie like they are detailed in the books.  There was so much there that wasn't introduced.  However, that said, the movie itself was one of the best I have seen in a couple years.
Since this series is so packed with drama, twists, and turns I can't afford to spoil it for you.  Any word could tip you off.  If you like to read, chances are you -- just like every other American right now -- will love these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment