Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Case for Love - Kaye Dacus

As soon as I finished this book, I got onto Amazon to find out how many other books Kaye Dacus has written so I could order more!  You can imagine my disappointment when I realized that I had inadvertently read the last installment of the trilogy, "The Brides of Bonneterre."  That said, the good news is that you can pick up any book in this series and not feel like you are tuning into a show halfway through!
This story is based on a newscaster, Alaine, who falls for her attorney, that just happens to be representing her parents in a class action lawsuit -- against his parents.  At first I was concerned that this obvious conflict of interest would not be believable, but it appears that Kaye spoke to an attorney when doing the research for this novel.  The situation was very believable, and the pieces of the story came together perfectly.  Since his parents are represented by the same law firm he is a partner of, the actions that follow add an interesting element to the story line. The emotions of both sets of parents and their children who were dragged into the controversy were well-represented.  There was a little suspense, but this was mostly a romance novel.
Reading the romance was such a refreshing change from the more intense and serious books that I have read recently.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I will most definitely be ordering her other two trilogies, "The Ransome Trilogy" and "The Matchmakers."

No comments:

Post a Comment