Monday, December 26, 2011

Bittersweet Surrender - Diann Hunt



"Bittersweet Surrender" by Diann Hunt is a women's Christian fiction romance novel released December 20, 2011 by Thomas Nelson.  I realized right from the start that the key character is the owner of a chocolate spa, and I fell right into the book.  I work in a spa part time, and I feel the author did an excellent job of portraying the different types of clientele encountered at a high-end spa.  Topics like plastic surgery along with various other kinds of things women consider were talked about openly in a fun, realistic way.  Since Carly had a mastectomy a couple years earlier, reconstructive surgery was at the top of her want list.  We stayed with her fun, romantic character as she searched for love and finally found a way to be at peace with her body the way it was -- while still maintaining a healthy desire to have the surgery.  I felt like the novel was romantic and showed strong attraction between the two key characters.  It also had a fantastic ending. 
 Although I fully expected this novel to be a romance (and it did not disappoint), what I wasn't expecting and was happily surprised to discover was that it is also a very well-written mystery with a detailed plot.  The author managed to include adult situations like gambling addiction, embezzlement, and adultery all in the same book.  It held me from the first to the last page. 
    My last word on this novel is this.... buy this book and keep it for a time when you can sit down and read straight through it.  Because you won't want to stop until you reach the end.
    This book was a complimentary review copy from the publisher in exchange for my unbiased review.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Yes, I loved this book too. A chocolate spa, I mean how can you go wrong with that?

    ReplyDelete