Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Women of Faith Conference - Kansas City, November 4-5, 2011


Wow! I am thrilled to pieces! Normally I only blog about books, but I just found out that I get to be one of the bloggers for the Women of Faith event in Kansas City on November 4th & 5th. This road trip is going to be AWESOME! We'll be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott right on the Plaza. There will be plenty of time Friday afternoon to cram in some fine dining at the Cheesecake Factory and shopping at the Plaza.  If you want to come a day early and arrive on Thursday, November 3rd (ride with me -- I'm leaving on Thursday), you'll have even more time to shop and relax.

This is going to be a beautiful time of refreshment.  Consider it a retreat for our crazy lives.  A wise woman once told me that she takes at least one weekend a year to go out of town and refresh herself as a wife and mother.  This is something we should do not only because it will be a total blast, but also because it will equip us as mothers, wives, and Christ followers. They are going to have some amazing speakers that we will be unlikely to cross paths with again.  Mandisa is one of the best in the Christian music field, and she will be there performing!  Amazing!  Come with me.  Let's see how many friends we can get on board.

I will be going up on the 3rd and spending two nights, and I would LOVE for you to ride with me!  We plan to have another van leaving Branson early Friday morning and they will only spend one night.  I still need a van driver, so if you have a mini-van and can drive up Friday morning, please let me know.  My recommendation is to stay 2 nights so you will have plenty of time to shop.

Schedule:
Thursday:
10:00 AM Van #1 (Renae) leaves Branson
1:45 PM Check-in at hotel, shopping, and restaurants for the rest of the day at the Plaza

Friday:
7:30 AM  Van #2 leaves Branson
10:00 AM - 3:30 PM Women of Faith conference (morning session)
3:45 PM - 6:30 PM Shopping at the Plaza & lunch at Cheesecake Factory & check-in at hotel
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Women of Faith conference (evening session)

Saturday:
6:30 AM - 8:30 AM Breakfast buffet hotel or walk to restaurants in the Plaza
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Women of Faith conference
5:15 PM -7:15 PM Shopping at the Plaza and dinner
7:20 PM  Both vans return to Branson

Cost:
  • The ticket price for the Women of Faith Conference is $99, and it includes a box lunch on both days. You can reserve your conference ticket here. If you use the code "RADIO" you can save $10 off the ticket price.
  • Make your room reservations at the Courtyard by Marriott right on the Plaza.  Simply click on this link, and you will be directed to the property's home page with the negotiated rate code already entered in the appropriate field and can quickly make your room reservation. Room rates are $109 inc. breakfast buffet for up to 2 people (they told me on 7/24/11 they would do the $109 rate and throw in breakfast for free!).  After tax, your total will be about $127 per night, and split with a friend only $64 each per night.  They allow up to 4 adults in the room.  All rooms have 2 queens and are non-smoking.  If you don't have someone lined up to be your roomie, you can write me a check and I will reserve your room with my credit card, and I'll assign a roommate for you.  Call me @ 417-561-5527 and I'll meet up with you in town if this is what you decide to do. 
  • Shopping & food at the Plaza!

No comments:

Post a Comment